Our east side of the mountains has a dry climate and is tough on wood furniture, causing it to dry and fade. After a time, wood furniture will lose its warmth and luster.
Antiques shops, such as the Roxy Theatre Antiques, has a continuing collection of beautiful wood furniture. Many times, these require a little tender loving care before they come out into the shop. Howards Wood Care Products is our “Go To” source for all sorts of wood and furniture projects. We carry a full-line of Howard’s Restor-A-Finish, Orange Oil and Paste Wax.
Top 5 Reasons we love Howard Wood Care Products:
1. Made in the United States of America.
2. The free brochure is very informative and will answer questions about which product is best for you. I love the section with the various colors of wood. I recommend to our customers to take it home, fold it in half and hold it against their wood project. This can’t be accomplished with a cell phone.
3. With the Restor-A-Finish, you can just fix a small problem. The entire piece of furniture wouldn’t have to be stripped and refinished. The color and wood luster will return.
4. With 0000 steel wool, Orange Oil and a little sweat equity, the natural oils can be replaced on your faded piece of furniture. I found a 100 year old mahogany dresser in a barn last year. With steel wool, Orange Oil and a lot of sweat equity, that dresser was so beautiful and luscious when finished.
5. My favorite, the Citrus Shield Paste Wax comes in a variety of wood colors, is affordable and can be used on your painted furniture project. Neutral wax will maintain the color of your paint or wood. The various darker colors will add depth to your paint project.
As “Howard” says, “Restore It – Don’t Strip It” -- Since 1969. Take care of your wood furniture and cabinets and they will last forever. Your house will reflect your feelings of warmth and coziness.